Induni et Cie SA, Petit-Lancy
- Duration of the works: July 2016 - 2018
- Duration of the civil engineering /earthworks: 10 months
- Muttoni et Fernandez Ingénieurs Conseils SA
- Mangeat Wahlen architectes associés
This project required the demolition of the existing Swisscom building to make way for a residential building with two basement levels.
The project was undertaken in two phases to avoid interrupting the Swisscom installations during the works.
Construction of the project in two phases:
- Installation of anchorages in the party wall.
- Alteration to the wall foundation.
- Completion of the basement perimeter using diaphragm walls.
- Underpinning the preserved part of the building using micropiles.
- Earthworks undertaken with the use of struts and tie rods, installed as the excavation progressed.
Phase 2 (started April 2017)
- The building which was conserved in the first phase has been demolished to allow the construction of the second phase of the project.
- Proximity of the CFF railway
- Proximity of the rue de la Morâche
- Existing building adjacent to the excavation
- Contaminated land due to the earlier presence of a petrol station.
- Length of diaphragm wall: 15 m
- Thickness: 0.6 m
- No. of anchorages: 36 anchorages, Po = 300 kN;
- Struts: ROR (circular hollow sections) dia. 610 mm and length: 12.5 m
- Rows of struts: 3.
- Excavation dimensions: 15 x 40 m
- Depth of the excavation: 10 m
- Volume excavated: 6 000 m3
- Geotechnical surveying programme.
- Feasibility studies including alternative options.
- Scheme design.
- Tender documentation, comparison of offers, adjudication proposal.
- Construction design.
- Construction phase.