Client / Owner
Nant de Drance SA (Alpiq 39% - CFF 36% - IWB 15% - FMV 10%)
2013 - 2018
Nunatak Architects for the services corresponding to the secondary works.
The concerned infrastructure is the Nant de Drance 900 MW pumped storage power station located in Valais – Switzerland.
The project includes:
- A main machine cavern (194m x 52m x 32m LHW) containing 6 Francis reversible groups (150 MW each).
- Secondary caverns (transformers, valves).
- 17 km of underground tunnels / galleries.
- 8 electrical substations.
- Determination of ventilation objectives as current regulations and different modes (comfort, fire , etc.)
- Developing the operating principle diagrams of ventilation flow
- Predimensioning ventilation equipment and optimization of electrical power
- Quotation and quantitative estimation of equipment
- Detailed definitions of modes / ventilation scenarios
- Sizing fans / piece and ductwork
- Design of ventilation facilities ( power plants, wells , etc.)
- Plans, quantitative , etc.
- Studying the formation of fog gallery
- 3D fire simulation to verify / validate the sizing of the fire ventilation