Client / Owner
Réseau Ferré de France (RFF)
2009 - 2016
- Main Contractor : Dodin Campenon Bernard / Spie Batignolles / Vinci CT et associés Joint Venture
- Building Services : CEGELEC
- Hydraulics / Sanitation : ANTEA
Contract 47 comprises the design and construction of a 7.5 km section of the LGV Est phase 2 high speed rail project. The line is to be reserved for passenger traffic, with trains reaching commercial speeds of 320 km/h and must meet interoperability technical specifications.
This section of track crosses the Vosges geographical feature, allowing the line to pass from the Lorraine plateau to the Alsace plain. Contract 47 includes the civils and building services for the following elements:
- Saverne Tunnel, approx. 4km long, double tube tunnel
- Open cut platform on either side of the tunnel, and restoration of means of communication
- Haspelbaechel viaduct, a non standard bridge, length 270 m approx, and 3 standard bridges.
Consultant responsible for the design in the design-and-build tender return, as part of the joint venture (analysis of single and double tube alternatives, choice of construction methods, safety audit to STI / ITI 98-300, quality assurance plan).
Completion of technical design to required standard for tender return:
- Tunnel and false portal civil engineering design;
- Safety and ventilation equipment, fire fighting equipment, air flow management (hearing protection and comfort)
- Reliability and failure mechanism analysis
Design engineer for the construction phase (in progress):
- Design development, verification of design for construction, site supervision, client's assistant, drafting of record drawings.
- Project management assistance (conventions, interface between third party checker and design team, quality / safety / environment appraisal of final design and construction).