Client / Owner
Epuras SA - Lausanne City
2011 - 2020
Holinger AG, within the CREAL Association, lead by BG
The Lausanne-Vidy WWTP was built in the 50s and was commissioned in 1964. Since then, it only benefited from minor upgrades.
New treatment requirements lead to designing a new plant with an extended capacity of 240'000 m3/d, allowing:
- a full nitrification of the wastewater (down to 2 mg NH4/l),
- an advanced treatment of the TSS (0.3 mg/l),
- the treatment of the micro-pollutants (80% yield on the selected indicators)
- the disinfection of the treated water.
- sludge digestion
- biogas purification and reinjection
- energetical optimisation
Such requirements implied a complete renewal of the wastewater treatment process. Besides, the preliminary design foresees the addition of a digestor in the sludge treatment, with the reuse of the biogas.
The proposed site is affected by numerouos constraints, the project plans to build the works inside a compact and closed building, which roof can be used for recreational activities, within the framework of the urban transformation project of the City of Lausanne.
Key project caracteristics
- Design flow 2.4 m3/s for biological treatment, 12 m3/s mechanical
- Preatreatment 3 lignes
- 3 compact high-rate DENSADEG Clarifier/Thickener
- 5 BIOFOR pre-DN filters (140 m2 p. unit)
- 12 BIOFOR N filters (140 m2 p.unit)
- Micropollutant treatment through ozonation, PAC, sand filters
- UV Desinfection
- 2 digesters volume 5000 m3 p. unit
- 3 centrifuges 900 kg MS/h
- Biogas treatment + reinjection
- Project Design and Works for electromechanical equipments for wastewater and sludge treatment.
- Energy planning WWTP and surroundings with LCA (Life-Cycle Analysis)
- Process and hydraulical engineering
- Interdisciplinary and technical coordination
- Works supervision and direction
- Start-up and commissionning