Communauté Urbaine du Grand Lyon
This commission concerns the technical audit of the production and delivery of steam from the Lyon Sud waste incineration plant to the Lyon urban heating network. The Lyon Sud plant processes 270'000t of waste per year using 3 boilers, each with a capacity of 30t/h of superheated steam. Two heat exchangers, each of 22MW, deliver superheated water to the urban heating network.
The goal of the study was to confirm:
- the good working order of the heat production plant,
- the origin of any malfunctions,
- any complementary investigations required to be carried out in order to restore the optimal functioning of the steam delivery system.
The commission was divided into several phases:
- Audits of both the factory side and the network side of the system.
- Identification and development of proposals to optimise the delivery of the heat produced by the incineration plant to the network.
- Review of the heat supply contract and integration of proposed changes into the contract.