Réseau Ferré de France
2004 - 2009
Modernisation of a former railway line, partially abandoned in 1990, running between Bellegarde-sur-Valersine and Bourg-en-Bresse. This renovated line would be used for the high-speed railway (TGV) between Paris and Geneva.
Description of the work :
- 74 zones, 3 civil engineering packages and 1 railway equipment package
- 8 km of rockfall protection screens
- Over 60,000m2 of cliff faces cleaned, anchored and covered with wire mesh and netting
- 8 km of rockfall, lanslide and cliff collapse detection netting (vertical and horizontal)
- 24 prototype anchors
- Ditches and embankments.
- Concrete shoring and buttressing
- High-strength meshes (Tecco)
- Project manager for the protection works.
- Feasibility studies for certain zones
- Field inspections, often by climbing and abseiling, during the scheme design and detailed design phases
- Hazard identification and characterisation
- Hazard mapping
- Trajectory analysis (using ROCFALL software)
- Definition of the potential impacts and evaluation of the exposure
- Risk characterisation
- Detailed analysis for each of the zones, leading to development and design of the protection works.
- Tender process assistance.
- Installation (review of specialist contractor's design, direction of the works, and commissioning assistance)
- Diverse additional advice.