Swiss Hospitality Management School, Lausanne (EHL): EHL REAL ESTATE SA
2017 - 2021 : works completed in three phases
- Itten+Brechbühl SA (architects)
- Tekhne SA (construction manager)
Construction of a new campus on the Chalet-à-Gobet site in Lausanne.
The link building creates the connection between the different buildings, including notably the new main entrance to the EHL which includes a welcome zone, a 450-seat restaurant, kitchens, offices, a multi-function room dedicated to 'dry' sports and events, a swimming pool, a spa and un underground car park with 650 spaces.
The new campus also includes three new residential halls for students (857 beds), each in a 'U' shape. The historic farmhouse will be carefully disassembled and reconstructed in the welcome zone.
Site works / monitoring:
- Responsible for the quality assurance of the fire protection elements (RAQ degré 3).
- Assistance to the project team in terms of the choice of systems and technical details.
- Assistance during the development of the tender documents, including verification that the relevant fire safety elements have been incorporated.
- Assistance and advice to the client, the architect, the construction manager and the design engineers during the construction phase
- Analysis of the alternative solutions proposed by the contractors in terms of conformance with the fire safety concept, evaluation of the products used.
- Development of the fire control matrix and planning of the integral testing.
- Participation in handover meetings for the fire safety installations.
- Participation in meetings in order to be able to confirm that the measures put in place conform to the requirements agreed with the fire services, allowing the permit to occupy to be issued.
Written certification (declaration of conformity) that all the protection measures required under the fire protection concept which was approved by the canton's building control department for fire security have been fully implemented (the Central Office for Construction Permits' summary for the building permit).