Client / Owner
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Directorate of Hydraulics in the Annaba Wilaya
2004 – 2008
1.8 million EUR
- The City of Annaba, 3 main municipalities and 14 secondary towns.
- Targeted population : 500 000 inhabitants
- 20 km of main rivers plus 20 minor rivers
- 3 main pumping stations
- Surveysand data collection
- Diagnosis and modeling of the flood drainage, treatment and management system
- Immediate improvement measures
- Master plan (horizon 2025)
- Detailed design for the rehabilitation, upgrade and extension of the system
- Tender documents
- Complex problems to be addressed: violent hydrology, important solid transfers, very flat urban area with uncontrolled urbanization.
- The whole process was computer-assisted : GIS, modeling, training of personnel
- Close coordination with water supply and sanitation studies
- Supervision of urgent works, planning for improvement works.