Services industriels de Genève, SIG
- Design / tender : 2015 – 2021
- Site works : 2019 – 2023
- TBF, electromechanical engineers
- Ass, architects
- BG, ass and TBF together form the "GEBAT" consortium
This project covers the construction of the fourth generation of this energy from waste facility, Cheneviers IV, on the site of the first two generations of the facility, Cheneviers I and II. Isolated parts of these original facilities will be retained and renovated: the slab where the waste lorries are unloaded, and the canal, which allows river access to the facility using barges.
The current facility, Cheneviers III and its associated buildings/ infrastructure, will continue to function during the construction of Cheneviers IV (in around mid-2023), and will be demolished after Cheneviers IV is brought into service.
Fire protection design / concept / tenders
For this project, the fire concept and tenders are divided into multiple phases to enable the facility to remain operational throughout the works. This role has included:
- Support and advice to the client, as well as to the other members of the GEBAT consortium in relation to the modifications to be made to the project in order to comply with the fire protection requirements of AEAI 2015.
- Presentation of the project to the fire protection authorities (the fire department, the cantonal office for inspection and works and the federal economics secretary), including visits to the existing site and assistance in understanding the building information with a view to obtaining the permit to build.
- Development of the fire protection concept and the associated plans required for each permit to build; the concepts for each phase being interlinked.
- Support and advice relating to the tender documentation developed by the other GEBAT members, including verification that the fire protection requirements defined by AEAI 2015 and the fire concept have been incorporated.
Site works / monitoring
In the same way, the monitoring of the site works is split into multiple consecutive phases, each including:
- Assistance and spot-advice to the client and members of the GEBAT consortium during the construction phase to ensure alignment with the fire protection concept.
- Advice to the project design team and contractors in terms of the choice of systems, technical details and materials in terms of fire protection and alignment with the concept.
- Site visits and meetings as required with the project design team and contractors in order to check that the work is in line with the fire protection requirements.
- At each stage, confirmation that the works completed conform with the AEAI and fire concept requirements.
- Site visits with the competent authorities at handover with a view to obtaining the permit to occupy.