Manufacture d'horlogerie Audemars Piguet & Cie SA
2015 - 2017
- Bjarke Ingels Group, Architect, New York
- CCHE Architecture et Design SA, Lausanne
La Maison des Fondateurs (The House of the Founders) is a museum constructed in the form of a spiral over one floor on the site of the Audemars Piguet watch factory at Le Brassus. Two craftsmen's workshops will be set up within the museum. An underground car park and archive space will be located on the basement floor. The existing historic building adjacent will be completely renovated.
Fire protection design / concept
- Review of the scheme design developed by the architects to identify any non-conformities or incompatibilities with the fire protection requirements (AEAI 2015 standards and guidelines).
- Development of a fire protection concept (report and plans) identifying physical protection measures (fire compartments, emergency access and escape routes, escape stairways etc.) and technical measures (fire detection equipment, fire extinguishing systems, escape route signage, emergency lighting etc.).
- Options study.
- Proposal and integration of performance-based solutions (fire safety engineering, analytical modelling, validation through calculations etc.).
- Initial meetings with the competent authorities relevant to fire protection (ECA Vaud) to discuss the concept.
Site works / monitoring
- Advice to the project design team in terms of the choice of systems and technical details.
- Assistance during the development of the tender documents, including verification that the relevant fire safety elements have been incorporated.
- Assistance and advice to the architect, the construction manager and the design engineers during the construction phase.
- Development of the fire control matrix and planning of the integral testing.
- Participation in handover meetings for the fire safety installations.
- Participation in meetings in order to be able to confirm that the measures put in place conform to the requirements agreed with the fire services, allowing the permit to occupy to be issued.