- Etat de Vaud - DINF
- Service des routes - Routes nationales
- Studies : 2001 - 2006
- Constuction: 2004 - 2006
66 mio EUR
- Bring into compliance the safety signage/signalling (emergency exits)
- Ventilation before the renovation: semi-transverse mechanical ventilation
- Ventilation after the renovation: longitudinal ventilation using jet accelerators
- Demolition of the existing lining and ventilation slab
- Installation of a waterproofing layer and installation of a new concrete finish
- Rehabilitation of the road surface, the pavements and all services networks.
- Feasibility studies: the refurbishment and upgrade for compliance of the tunnels and open-cut sections between Montreux and Villeneuve (Vuarennes bridges, La Baye de Montreux viaducts, the Veraye bridges).
- Scheme design
- Detailed design
- Production of tender documents
- Construction design
- Direction of the design and the works
- Civil engineering / electromechanical coordination
- Package management of the works
Description of the design
- Analysis of the existing ventilation system
- Proposal of ventilation variations in accordance with the OFROU (2001) directives
- Remedial works to the civil engineering and EM installations relating to the variant selected.
- Planning of the civil engineering aspects of the tunnels and bridge works as well as the overall programming
- Specification of the renovations of the lighting, signage/signalling and fire detection: the distribution networks and the plant.
Key tunnel specifications
- Length: 1,350 m
- Configuration: double bore, each bore containing two lanes of uni-directional traffic
- Slope : 3 %
- Clearance height: 4.5 m
- Traffic 2002: 50,000 vehicles/day with a peak of 80,000 vehicles/day at certain points