Federal Roads Office, OFROU (Switzerland)
Filiale F1 - Estavayer-le-Lac
2016 - 2019
Mont-Terri and Mont-Russelin tunnels and the cut-and-cover section at Develier over the A16 trans-Jura motorway between Delémont and Porrentruy.
- Mont-Terri tunnel: Single bore bidirectional tunnel, 4000m long with three plantrooms and a safety gallery running parallel to the main tunnel.
- Mont-Russelin tunnel: Single bore bidirectional tunnel, 3500m long with three plantrooms and a safety gallery running parallel to the main tunnel.
- Develier cut-and-cover tunnel: Two unidirectional compartments, 800m long with two plantrooms.
This project consists of the refurbishment of the older electromechanical installations (originally commissioned in 1998). The key points are identified below.
- Renewal of various control-command equipment, including electricity, signage, and more
- Overhaul of the medium-voltage distribution network
- Update of the low-voltage installations and bringing into compliance the electrical distribution boards (safety of people and material)
- LED light fittings replacement for the driving lanes, the emergency lighting and the floor level pedestrian guidance lighting
- Complete renovation of the lighting system in the safety / emergency galleries
- Analysis of the signalling system in line with the standards
- Complete renovation of the signalling system, including the control-command management system
- Complete renovation of the video surveillance installation system, switching to a digital system with online cameras and an automatic incident detection system
- Renewal of the radio broadcasting facilities, including the addition of a DAB+ broadcasting network
- Installation of the mobile network (GSM) and radio and emergency network (polycom) in the safety / security galleries
- Integration of the new control-command systems into the high-level management system, including the incorporation of comments from the operators and the police
- Renovation of the ventilation, air-conditioning and heating of the plantrooms, including the refurbishment of the control-command rooms and the installation of variable frequency drives and air extractors
- Update of the lighting and other low-power installations, as well as secondary equipment including false ceilings, fire compartments and oil separators
- Options analysis, not including the concept design (MK)
- Detailed design (MP)
- Tender and contractual documentation (AO ENT)
- Construction design and package management (EX - RE)
- Reception of the works; monitoring of the guaranteed works (MS)
- Overall construction management and resident engineer services
- Coordination across the project team
- Participation in technical and coordination meetings; production of the minutes
- Proactive support to the client and client's representative
- Traffic management services
- Monitoring and control of the programme and costs