Natural Growth since 1954
BG was founded in 1954 by two professors from the Ecole Polytechnique de Lausanne (EPFL, originally EPUL) to provide leading engineering services in a world under reconstruction. In the field of advanced engineering solutions BG has developed to environmental problems. By gradually integrating other consulting engineering firms into our philosophy, by maintaining the links with research, we have constantly expanded our expertise and staff to become an international reference.
And tomorrow? We look at it with confidence. BG has in fact developed very early on ever more topical themes: infrastructure needs, energy challenges, urban development, demographic pressure and access to resources. Our high quality engineering and our mastery of complexity tends therefore to become ever more necessary and sought after.
The Group through the Ages
- BG opens offices in Porto, Portugal.
- Renewal of ISO 9001 (Quality management systems) and ISO 14001 (Environmental management systems) and OHSAS 18001 (occupational health and safety, future ISO 45001 standard) certificates.
- Pierre Epars becomes CEO of the BG group; Denis Pourlier-Cucherat is Vice-Chairman of the Executive Board.
- BG opens offices in Turin, Italy.
- Pierre Kohler takes over the management of BG Consulting Engineers.
- BG celebrates its 60th anniversary and renews its corporate identity.
- The modernisation of the logo reflects what BG has become: a quality-driven firm of consulting engineers where sustainable development really matters.
- On October 1, 2013 the subsidary ARP Ingenieure & Berater has been fully integrated in BG. By incorporating all subsidiaries (ARP, Tonello, FMNi, Beyeler) BG is able to provide its full range of services in each branch of the Group.
- On May 31, 2013 three subsidiaries—FMNi, Tonello, and Beyeler—merged into BG to simplify the legal structure of the company. The Group will now use the single “BG” brand.
- Reinforcement of the activities in France in the energy sector through the acquisition of ENR Concept, an engineering office based in Marseilles and Montpellier, specialized in the areas of energy control and renewable energy.
- Name change for the company ARP Andre Rotzetter + Partner AG, which becomes ARP Ingenieure & Berater AG.
- Development in central Switzerland with the implementation of a new branch in Lucerne for ARP & Berater Ingenieure AG, who is already present in Zug / Baar, Zurich and Schwyz.
- Renewal of the certifications: ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Follow-up of the growth in France with the acquisition oft Docalogic an Inflow engineering and design office based in Lyon.
- Renewal of several certifications: ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Expansion in the German part of Switzerland with Beyeler Ingenieure Ltd in Berne and ARP André Rotzetter + Partner Ltd in Zug/Baar, Zurich and Schwyz joining the company.
- Reinforcing the positions of the Infrastructures & Transports field of activity through the buying of FMN ingénieurs based in Neuchâtel and specialised in civil engineering and electromechanics.
- Establishment of the multi-disciplinary energy hub.
- Laurent Vulliet becomes CEO of BG.
- Follow-up of the growth in France with the acquisition of canalE based in the Paris area and expert in hydraulics and electricity.
- Expanding competencies with the French Tonello consulting engineers from Aix-Les-Bains, expert in civil engineering works.
- Development of the integrated management of natural, technical and man-made risks.
- 3rd Prize in the Swiss Romande Enterprise Competition awarded by the Swiss Venture Club.
- 50th anniversary of the BG group.
- ISO 14001 Certification.
- Creation of the Lyons and London based subsidiaries in the industrial audits and remediation of contaminated sites sectors.
- Entering the 21st century with a new logo and a new image for the Group, based on sustainable development.
- BG is headed by Jean-Daniel Marchand.
- Management of the Group by sector: Infrastructure & Transport / Water & Environment / Complex Buildings
- ISO 9001 Certification.
- Creation of BG Holding.
- Establishment in all of the French speaking cantons and Berne
- Activities in Morocco, Tunisia and Libya.
- Development of environmental activities.
- Beginning of the employee ownership scheme.
- Establishment in France.
- Creation of the limited company.
- Beginning of activities in Algeria.
- Following Daniel Bonnard, André Gardel takes over as head of BG.
- Expansion of the company into other sectors: structures / building techniques / tunnels / energy.
- Creation of the company "Bonnard & Gardel Ingénieurs-conseils Lausanne". Main activities: hydraulic works and foundations.